Rolf Wheel Deal
1. The Club has again been offered a sponsored Wheel Deal through Rolf Prima Wheels. The procedure for the program will be similar to previous years, with a couple of exceptions. First, the deal is being offered through Cycle Werks bike shop, and second, pricing for the wheels will be based on the suggested retail price as listed on Rolf Prima’s website, which can be found here. The details of the program are as follows: Club members’ prices for the wheels will be two-thirds (2/3 or 66.66%) of the retail price listed on the website. To find the pricing on the website, start by scrolling over Wheels from the menu at the top of the page found at the above link. Then select a category of wheel from the drop down menu. The retail price for each model of wheel is listed below its corresponding picture. This listed price is the price from which the discount will be taken.
2. All models of Rolf wheels are available for purchase.
3. Members will have to pay a shipping charge, which will be determined after receipt of the wheels. I’m estimating this charge to be less than $25.
4. Members are to send their wheel order and payment to Scott, either via e-mail or post: Scott Main PO Box 1046 Bowling Green, OH 43402-1046
5. Payment may be made via check, cash or PayPal.
6. Wheel orders must be received by the close of Saturday, the 18th of February.
7. Wheels will be shipped to Cycle Werks in Whitehouse for pick-up by each member.
8. Wheels in-stock with Rolf Prima should be available to members within two weeks of placing the order.
9. Cycle Werks in Whitehouse has Rolf Wheels in-stock. Members are encouraged to visit the store to play touchy-feely with with the wheels.
10. If you are on the fence with purchasing a set of Rolf Wheels, please keep the following in mind. Rolf Wheels has been an ardent supporter and sponsor of the Club for DECADES! Over the years Rolf has contributed tens-of-thousands of dollars to supplement the cost of Club clothing, and such is the reason Rolf is displayed so prominently on our attire. No sponsor has contributed more money and more support to the Club than Rolf. Period! A set of wheels is an absolute necessity of every bike; so please consider supporting Rolf Prima in the same manner they have supported us by riding a set of Rolf Prima wheels.!
11. You MUST be a 2017 Club member—social membership or above—to purchase a set of wheels.
12. If you have questions, simply call Scott 419-494-3366 or better yet give Jon a visit at Cycle Werks.
Equinox will be Sunday, March 19th. As always the event will start from Fort Meigs at 11:00am.
Toledo Metrparks After-Hours Permit
The Toledo Metroparks allow after hours cycling on the University Parks Trail and the Wabash Cannonball Trails provided a rider has Metroparks Commuter permit. More information, as well as a link to the Commuter Permit Application, can be found here.
Meet Rolf Dietrich
At 4:00pm on Saturday, January 21st Cycle Werks in Whitehouse will be hosting Rolf Dietrich as a special guest. World renown wheel inventor Rolf will be discussing the unique design benefits and performance advantages of his iconic paired spoke wheels. This special event serves as a segue to this year's Rolf Wheel Deal, so please visit the Whitehouse shop on Saturday to say hello to Rolf and to checkout the shop's new Training Studio. More info can be found here.
Club Communications via Facebook Messenger
Due to a host of technical testing issues with various carriers, mobile devices and operating systems, impromptu and unofficial Club communications are being conducted via a group on Facebook Messenger. To be part of this group you must install the FB Messenger app on your device. Once that is accomplished you can join the group, which is called MVW. If you have questions about joining the group, give Scott a call: 419-494-3366
2017 Club Race Schedule
I'm working on the final details of the season's Club Race Schedule. It appears we'll be returning to OOIP for a couple of criterium races this year, as Steve Sams has reported the industrial park's roads have been repaired. We'll still use both courses at Owens, as the closed course aspect of the venue is a huge benefit, but we'll add a little more variety by holding a couple of races at OOIP. I plan to have the schedule finalized by week's end. On another note, I intend to have a Club Gravel Grinder event sometime in the fall, and I expect to hold the event on the dirt roads in the vicinity of the Pittsford, Michigan road race course. If someone has a keen interest in assisting me with the developing a course in that area, please let me know!
2017 Club Clothing
A Club clothing order through Hincapie Sports will be made available in the coming weeks. The anticipated order date is the first week of March. Items from both the green and blue Team kits and the blue and white Club kits will be available for order. Notifications will be made via the usual methods once the Team Store is open for orders.